Upcycled

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Silverware tray turned make up organizer


I had a old silverware tray from our first silverware set. But it continuously fell apart till my hubby said the hell with it and bought a new one.

          But I LOVED the red wood and thought I could make use of it some how. One day while trying to find a certain eye shadow pencil I got a great idea.

I stock up on fabric when I'm at Ikea. I love all of their unique designs. So I took some fabric, a staple and the broken silverware tray.
And decided which way I wanted it. But it also had it's own problem. The wood is thin if you don't staple it right the staple goes straight through and messes up the project or create safety issues. (so far I was lucky and do not see any Tetanus shots in the near future.)

So here it is in it's finished glory! Holds together well and looks nice. Its a shame to have to cover up the pictures in make up but heres another view.

Sorry for the quality being so terrible. I used my husbands Nintendo DS.

No comments:

Post a Comment